The time is rapidly approaching when I will no longer call a hut my home.
The time is coming where I will not announce I have to go to the bathroom, and then walk outside of the house.
Soon I will habitually eat at a table… with a fork and a knife…
This is the last year in which my birthday will mean that hot season has reared its ugly, sweaty head.
In a mere five months, I will close my service as a Peace Corps Volunteer and start my career as a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer.
But it’s not here yet. It’s probably safe to send packages for the next two months or so, but if you feel a great desire to show your love for me after that, you can shower me with gifts and or Chipotle when I get home. If you have things you’ve been LONGING to send me for a while but never got around to it, get around to it. Time is short.
So you’re probably asking, what does Abby need? And the answer is not much. Anything tangible that you send me I’ll probably either have to send back home after Peace Corps is finished and before I start my epic African trek, or I’ll have to put it in the notorious free pile in the transit house. Anything edible and delicious is welcome, but not necessary. Drink mixes are also welcome, but again, not necessary. If you feel you MUST send me something, what I’d really love is something to make me laugh REALLY hard.
Also, high paying, fun jobs in America are highly welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment