Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Next Adventure

Yes, my 27 month commitment to the Peace Corps and to the Gambia is finished. But my commitment to having awesome life stories will never finish.

So, instead of returning to the comforts of America right away, I’m going to trek the rest of Africa. Including in my itinerary thus far is:

- Cage diving with great white sharks in South Africa
- Visiting Victoria Falls in Zambia
- Snorkeling in Lake Malawi
- Whale watching in South Africa, Madagascar, Mozambique, Tanzania, and anywhere else possible.
- Swimming with penguins in South Africa.
- Climbing huge red, black, pink, and white sand dunes in the deserts of Namibia.
- Find and name a new species of lemur in Madagascar
- Safari in the Okavango Delta in Botswana
- Visiting the Limpopo River
- Swim in the Indian Ocean off the island of Zanzibar
- Take a million pictures of Mount Kilimanjaro (I would climb it, but it’s like $2000… Maybe when I’m old and rich)
- Learn some Swahili and French
- Visit Lesotho and Swaziland, because I can.

It’s going to be great, and include so much more than this brief list. The plan right now is to travel for about three and a half months and come home a week or two before Thanksgiving.

I hope to see EVERYBODY when I get home. Start planning our reunion meal and activities.

You can continue to keep in touch with me at my email address, although I’ll probably check it sparingly. Thanks for all of your support throughout this Peace Corps service, and see you in a few months!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! My name is Jessica He and I'm a future PCT in The Gambia. I just stumbled on your blog and it's so fun to read! Unfortunately I'm leaving for China tomorrow so I didn't have much time to digest all of your posts but I definitely intend to after having great reads with just a couple of entries! I'm a bright eyed prepare-er and would love to ask you some questions about your PC experience if you have time. My e-mail is jess113he@gmail.com. I'm sure that you've been keeping busy so I also wouldn't mind at all if you're too preoccupied at the moment and can't field any questions. Thanks in advance for your time!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete